Thursday, June 19, 2008

Post 100

This is post #100 for The Daily Blank, so I thought I’d celebrate by posting some meaningless drivel.

What kind of year did you have in 2007? I thought I’d had a pretty good year, but here are some teenagers who made more than me:
  • Miley Cyrus: $25 million
  • Daniel Radcliff: $25 million
  • Jonas Brothers (some Disney concoction): $12 million
  • Zach Efron: $5.8 million
  • Ashley Tisdale: $5.5 million

Don Cornelius sold Soul Train for an undisclosed amount this week. The new owners plan to redistribute it in every form except suppositories. To see the classic click here.

The whole Fox News, “Obama’s baby mama” thing kind of disappeared quickly. I thought that would have more legs. I guess Michelle’s appearance on The View went well. She and Cindy McCain should do their own talk show. Cindy did The View a couple months ago. She could get Bud to sponsor it.

Why isn’t anyone engaged that the Federal government hasn’t helped more people in the Midwest flood zone? Why no outrage aimed at the Army Corp of Engineers over inadequate levees?

Did you know everyone used to eat a completely different kind of banana than we eat today, and that it was considered to taste much better than the current variety, the Cavendish? It’s true – I read it in the New York Times.

Would anyone like to know why we should abolish corporate income taxes? I have the answer.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I'm game. Why should we abolish the corporate income tax?

Anonymous said...

To paraphrase Sir Walter Scott, "That's not bananas you're eating, that's men's lives."

Anonymous said...

OK uncle Dennis. I'll bite.

Anonymous said...

The EU is slowly cutting their corp. taxes -- trying to become more competitive. But I'm sure they're paying their legal staff more in fees to comply with the new rules than they would have paid in original tax levels.

Let's hear it, DB -- I'm all for abolishing taxes to keep companies HERE, and not sending them THERE...

kgwhit said...

They should not cohost their own talk show. I see live mudwrestling between the two. Cindy comes off as a Barbie doll who is meaner than a snake going up against south side Michelle, who you are sure knows how to use her dukes.

WWE would televise and it would out draw the debates by 10-1.

Anonymous said...

I do. I do. Do tell.

Ixnay on sharing Michelle and Cindy sharing the stage. Cindy is passive aggressive (witness her latest slap at Michelle on the 'first time I've been proud of my country' flap in the last couple of days) while there is NO ambiguity around Michelle.

Boston is the best sports town . . Discuss.

kgwhit said...

Corporations are just like people when it comes to taxes. No business has ever said that they would not increase sales because of the taxes they would have to pay, just as people don't turn down raises because it takes them into a higher tax bracket.

Anonymous said...

corporations don't pay taxes now. they just pass them along to us. that's why I am in favor of the "fair tax".